Thursday, October 29, 2009

This needs to stop, by Russ

Took the meds last night and they worked just fine, thank you very much!

Now I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired. What is not helping the tired portion is the alarm going off at midnight. It seems as though one, or both, of my children learned how to turn on an alarm clock. Specifically the one in the living room. (We didn't have a wall clock for that room, but did have a spare alarm clock. As this is now our 'guest room' it works.)

Under the best of circumstances I am not a sound sleeper, under the worst, I'm awake anyway. It doesn't help that the clock is directly below my bedroom and the sound just travels straight up.

I guess I need to add a new stop on my bedtime routine. Make sure all alarms, save the home alarm, are off.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sometimes I've thought it would be really nice to have a "night nanny" and she would handle things like that while we could just go on sleeping peacefully. I'm not sure that's a position anyone would be really eager to take though...

Hope you feel better soon!

Blondefabulous said...

What is this "sleep" you speak of? I have never heard of it.

I'm luck to get an hour or two at a shot. I wake up constantly.

Blondefabulous said...

But it isn't because I'm ill or anything.... I just don't sleep well.

Perhaps a well thought out conk to the head before bed time?